1. There is generally not a form. The summons should have a court date. You will need to appear in court on that date and time to answer any claims leading to the eviction. If you do not, the decision will be entered in favor of the landlord.

    You are allowed to bring a lawyer and any evidence that will help your side of the story. You can also negotiate with the landlord prior to that time, if an agreement is reached they can stop the case.

    The exception to this is if you are in a publicly funded residence (not section 8, I mean where the property is owned by a state or local government). In this case, there is usually a written appeals process that must be followed.

Leave a Reply